Rai School is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.), Preet Vihar, New Delhi, India.
School Affiliation No.: 6230006
School Code No.: 72617
Main objectives of CBSE are:
- To define appropriate approaches of academic activities to provide stress free, child centered and holistic education to all children without compromising on quality.
- To analyze and monitor the quality of academic activities by collecting the feedback from different stakeholders.
- To develop norms for implementation of various academic activities including quality issues; to control and coordinate the implementation of various academic and training programmes of the Board; to organize academic activities and to supervise other agencies involved in the process.
- To adapt and innovate methods to achieve academic excellence in conformity with psychological, pedagogical and social principles.
- To encourage schools to document the progress of students in a teacher and student friendly way.
- To propose plans to achieve quality benchmarks in school education consistent with the National goals.
- To organize various capacity building and empowerment programmes to update the professional competency of teachers.
- To prescribe conditions of examinations and conduct public examination at the end of Class X and XII. To grant qualifying certificates to successful candidates of the affiliated schools.
- To fulfill the educational requirements of those students whose parents were employed in transferable jobs.
- To prescribe and update the course of instructions of examinations.
- To affiliate institutions for the purpose of examination and raise the academic standards of the country.
The prime focus of the Board is on:
- Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising students friendly and students centered paradigms.
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices.
- Skill learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs.
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops etc.